Family Time Movie Night Essentials
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #DesignAPizza #DiGiorno #CollectiveBias
One of our favorite ways to spend time together is by having movie nights. There is no better way to have fun and affordable family time than by staying in and watching a movie together on the couch. We do this at least 2-3 times a month and have developed a list of essentials that I thought I would share with you!
1. First things first, the movie, we get ours from a variety of places. If it is a movie we saw in the theaters that has come out on DVD and we know we love it, then we pick it up. If it is a new movie that we haven’t seen, we usually op for the On Demand or Netflix version because it is a much cheaper way to see if we like the movie. For this movie night we went with The Lego Movie and it was $4.99 from On Demand which is much cheaper than the $20 I saw it on sale for at the store.
2. Next, the FOOD!! Now, usually (and by that I mean 9 out of 10 times) we have pizza and we rotate who gets to pick the toppings. But tonight, tonight y’all was different, everyone got what they wanted! I picked up the new DiGiorno Design-A-Pizza kits while I was at Walmart and let me tell you, this is going to be out new go to movie night dinner.
The picture on the box shows a pizza with every slice unique, ours varied a bit. I picked up two at the store; the Pepperoni & Sausage and Chicken & Green Peppers. The meaty one was for my husband all the way and the chicken and green pepper I picked up with Avery and me in mind. As a family we had a great time putting these together before the movie, but this is how it went, Avery ‘decorated’ (her words) her pizza and Wade put together his pizza.
Mom (that’s me) got to add chicken and veggies to one slice on each pizza. BUT I everyone got what they wanted and that is all that matters!
3. They bake up very quick but once you pull dinner out from the oven the next essential comes into play, but first- let’s just take a look at the deliciousness real quick:
But back to the essential, number 3 is you must eat at the couch. It is just a movie night rule! And while you are on the couch, you must be under a blanket. There are two reasons for this- to be cozy and comfy, but my mom side appreciates that if any food misses the plate or the mouth, it will land on the blanket an that is much easier to clean than the couch.
4. My fourth essential has come into play more recently, but it is here to stay; Print out some movie related coloring pages ahead of time. We love movies, but Avery is still only 4 and sometimes they are a little long and without a 7th inning stretch, she can get restless. That is when I pull out some markers and the coloring pages and it pulls her back in and gets us through the rest of the movie. It is seriously one of the must haves next to pizza to make sure movie night doesn’t end in a tantrum.
5. Make dessert easy! Since we usually eat dinner at the start of the movie, we don’t really do popcorn during the movie, but I do love kettle corn as a dessert towards the end of the movie. Or another favorite is plain popcorn with chocolate or caramel drizzled on top, really we are big fans of popcorn as dessert over the appetizer.
I hope that you found some good tips for your next movie night or other family time activity! The best part is that all of these things can be found so conveniently on your weekly Walmart trip, sometimes I am there twice a week!
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.