Family Fun Day-cation Tips!!
I am all about the day-cation, it is something I can do much more often with my family than a vacation and it still offers the same opportunity for memories and fun for a fraction of the cost! I thought I would share some of my favorite day-cation tips today to make the most of your trips!
1. Make a List: I believe in doing things all at once- meaning, if you are already looking for one activity in your area, you might as well make a list of all the great destinations in a 2 hour radius. For a day-cation, 2 hours is the furthest I will go away from home, you can choose whatever radius works for you. This list is helpful because you can rank them or choose the time of year that attraction would be the most fun! Make sure to include smaller off the beat places too!
2. Get your tickets online: With some attractions, tickets can be cheaper online- either way, you will save time at the gate! Even better if you score them on a daily deal site!
3. Research Free Attractions and Deals: Check your area, October is kids free month at over 20 attractions in San Diego, take advantage of it!
4. Make the most of a place your frequent: Even if you go somewhere all the time, try something new- create a scavenger hunt, play the alphabet game, get your children a disposable camera so they can be photographers, bring some paper and colored pencils for an spur of the moment art project, just switch it up!
5. Venture out: Being in San Diego, I am lucky because I have all of the SD attractions but also the Los Angles/Hollywood/Orange County areas at my disposal as well! Next on my list is a place I haven’t been to in a decade- the Hollywood Wax Museum! I am so excited because this is such a fun attraction and I think my family will really get a kick out of all the wax figures and celebrities!
6. Take a lot of photos: The best part of a vacation is the photos you take to remember all of the great times you had! I am a photo believe, I love them after the fact for the memories but also because they are the most affordable souvenir!
Spending time with family is really what it is all about and day-cations offer then chance for you to fit it in within your budgets and busy schedules! You can plan 1-2 a month and start building great memories with your families! I can’t wait to take my family to the Hollywood Wax Museum and take advantage of all those great photo ops and some family fun!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.