Duck Tape Roses
I have never done it before but I had a sample he had given me and a roll of Duck Brand tape, so I knew I could figure it out.
I love a crafting challenge!!
Here is the one he gave me to look at:
Here is my rough draft/ first try before I figured it out. There were some bumps but I think it came out pretty good for a very first try without tutorial.
I had also mentioned that I looked for a tutorial for these but I was not able to find on that I could follow easily or had pictures, which is why I chose to write this one.
First, grab your pens. Did you pay for them? I hope not, as Avery says, “mommy pay with coupons”.
And some duct tape, I didn’t want to use all of the pink I was given so I went to Home Depot and grabbed another roll. Avery was with me so what color did I grab? Yellow. Of course.
Then, here is how you make the petals:
1. Cut a piece that is about 2-2.5 inches long.
2. Fold one side down and put the sticky sides together.
3. Fold the opposite side down, this won’t stick together but once it is on it will be held in place.
4. Center the pen on the point of the petal, the bottom of the folded portion should just touch the top of the pen.
5. Wrap one side of the exposed tape around the pen.
6. Then the other side.
If you accidently make the tape too long, just cut it shorter after you fold it like I did here:
Then ad another one and keep going around until you are done!
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.