diy dresser update

DIY Dresser Update

I have been wanting to redo Avery’s room for a while but I just couldn’t decide on a direction, but then the universe intervened and we spontaneously got it done this weekend! I am so happy with the way it came out and can’t wait to show you the whole thing, but today I am just sharing how we gave a simple update to a dresser we already had around the house. Check it out!

It is a basic Ikea dresser, it started out green and we had painted it black at one point (we have seriously had this thing for over 10 years so it has been through a few makeovers) and for this makeover, I gave it a new coat of spray paint in white.

For the drawers, I just did the edges, mostly because they were all that would be showing and I didn’t have enough spray paint to do the middles. It all worked out great in the end thought!

The secret was this adorable removable wall paper I stumbled upon while at Target on clearance for under $10. It was regularly $30 which I would never pay for basically fancy contact paper, but it was a pretty big roll for the reduced price and the print went great with the new to us bedroom set Avery got! More about that crazy deal later!

I cut strips to fit the length of the dresser and lined them up in the middle and stuck it right on- easy peasy!

I will be picking up new knobs this week but I am super happy with the update and this wall paper was used 2 more times in the room so $3.33 is really all I spent for this dresser update since I had the spray paint on hand too! I love when things work out like this and I am able to use what I have on hand! Plus little Miss looks pretty happy with things as well so that is an added bonus!

It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookPin on PinterestShare on Google+Tweet about this on Twitter

,

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply