Chocolate Lollipop Centerpiece
I get a lot of requests from friends who would like me to help them with parties or events and I am always more than happy to lend a hand! Many times, they find a picture they like and ask me to recreate it, this time, I interpreted a vision and I think it came out pretty well! Check out my chocolate flower lollipop centerpieces!
These are super fun and they are for a friend for her daughter’s Bat Mitzvah party. It took a few hours to make 120 lollipops but it was all worth it in the end!
The molds and the chocolate are really affordable and found at the craft store, I melt them in a double boiler (pyrex bowl over a pot of water on the stove- water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl) and they always come out great. I had a bit of yellow going the whole time and I worked with one bag of the colored chocolate at a time. You can get about 2-3 mold full out of one bag. The key to get the yellow center was a paintbrush, I had picked up a couple of packs and while one was for my daughter, I have pretty much adopted the other one. I used one for my eye makeup (worked great!) and now I have one for cooking. It was the easiest tool to get the chocolate in the center and only in the center. After I put a bit in, I put it in the freezer for a bit to harden so it wouldn’t spread when I put the other chocolate on top. After a couple of minutes, I added about half of one of my small spoons worth of chocolate and then tapped the whole mold on the counter. This did two things, it settled the chocolate into the mold quickly and easily and got all the air bubbles out. I put the sticks in, turned them a bit and then put them back in the freezer. It takes about 10-15 minutes in the freezer for them to harden.
That was the bulk of the work, there were 9 cavities in the mold and I had two molds, I did 6 rounds of two molds to get enough flowers for 8 centerpieces. Once they were done, I was able to put the whole thing together. My friend found the vases at the dollar store and they are super cute! I picked up some floral foam, also from the dollar store, and filled in the bottom. I added all the flowers- 12 in each- and then some pillow fluff to fill in the spaces. This was great because it was the same idea as paper shred but MUCH less messy, plus I think it kind of looks like they are sitting out a cloud.
They came out great and I had fun doing something that I had never done before- two things that are always nice to happen in one project :).
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.