Anyways, when I got the new classroom, I knew it was one of the main things I wanted to do and that I could save enough money other ways so that this wasn’t a huge budget denter… yeah that is a word, sure.
It came out as great as I thought it would.
One thing I did to cut the cost was I got many different letters, the smaller ones were around $1.50-$2 as opposed to the $4 for the larger ones, right there it was much cheaper. I really did lay it out in the store so I liked the final look, luckily there was a empty shelf but I would have done it on the floor if I had to lol.
Here are the letters I chose:
I had four colors of acrylic paint in various browns and one can of spray paint. I took the really loopy ones that would be a pain to paint with a brush and spray painted them, work smarter, not harder people lol. I pulled the spray painted ones first and then separated the rest of the letters for the other colors.
I got scrapbook paper too so I just painted the sides of the ones I was going to cover and only painted the whole letter of ones that were going to stay uncovered. Then I traced them on the back of the scrap book paper, make sure to put them upside.
Here they are drying, I just used Mod Podge to attach the paper to the letters. I didn’t Mod Podge the top of the letter because it can make it bubble.
And on the wall!!! I am so happy with the way it came out and here is a secret if you have jail house like brick on your walls like we do at the school… hot glue. It sounds nuts but the hot glue will come off of the brick if you want it to but it is really the only thing that will stick to brick for a long period of time, nothing else I have tried works.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.