#21DayFix Approved Snacks
Alright y’all, I haven’t talked a ton about weight loss and such because, well, I had yet to stick with a plan for more than a couple of weeks. BUT, that all has changed! The hubs and I are just finishing up week 9 of our lifestyle makeover and we are going strong! I have been doing a combination of things but basically it boils down to eating right and exercising. In the past I have counted calories but it wasn’t until I tried #21dayfix that I figured out true healthy eating. What has been working for me is that I don’t have to give up a food group, just keep track of how much of each I am eating at any given time. And you know what, I am down 24 pounds so far, WOOHOO! So I thought I would share some of my favorite snacks that have helped in this process with all of you today! Also, if you would like to keep up with my progress, swap ideas and support than check out my fitness instagram HERE that is separate from my personal/blog instagram.
1. Apples and cinnamon, yum! I just slice up my apple and put a sprinkle of cinnamon on all of them and done! Super simple and delicious.
2. Carrots and peanut butter. I have never been someone who could just eat carrots, but add in a teaspoon of peanut butter for my 10 baby carrots and I can make it work and add another green to my day.
3. Whole grain lavash. This is a large bread kind of like pita but thinner and about the size of a sheet of notebook paper. I love it because I can make pizzas, burritos, sandwiches and so on out of it and because it is just 100 calories or so, I count it as one yellow. As a snack I love to just dip it in one blue container worth of hummus.
4. Kind bars. Seriously, these were a game changer! We saw them at Costco and then heard that Autumn (the creator of #21dayfix) counts them as a blue and a teaspoon, this was music to my ears! I love having something I can throw in my purse AND it isn’t a yellow!
5. Freeze dried fruit, the important thing to clarify here is that I am not saying dried fruit, but freeze dried fruit. Totally different, especially in calories and sugar! This is super low in calories and offers a crunch which I love!
6. Greek yogurt, my favorite way is to pair it with frozen blueberries. This is another one that I love because I know for me, I have to really be careful of my yellow containers because I am a carb lover until the end. This is a snack that is also great as a dessert and it is a red container and purple if you add the fruit.
I hope this list helps and if you are interested in 21 day fix or any other Beachbody program, then you can get in contact with my friend Chelsey for more info!
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.